“FARMING- PENCIL TO PLOW” ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
The Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the University of Maryland Extension are pleased to announce that they have combined their technical expertise to offer ”Farming – Pencil to Plow”, an eight (8) week entrepreneurial training course designed for aspiring small farmers and those producers interested in diversifying their operation.
The course will be offered starting on October 21, 2013 and ending on December 9, 2013. Course material will include:
- Learning components of a business plan
- Learning why, how, and where to do agricultural market research
- Becoming aware of government regulations facing small farmers and identifying compliance resources.
- Understanding the importance of budgeting
- Discussing cash flow projections
- Reviewing content and purpose of Income Statements and Balance Sheets
Course curriculum will be supplemented by presentations given by experts in the agriculture field, representatives of the University of Maryland Extension Offices and other local agencies on specific agriculture components that are key to enhancing successful farming.
Participants who complete this training course will have a prepared business plan to present to potential lending sources and a certificate of completion issued by NxLevel a nationally recognized entrepreneurship training provider.
For additional information on the course contac:t Joe Giordano, Executive Director, Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation, at 410-860-6664 or [email protected]
This program is being sponsored by The Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center, Beginning Farmer Success, MidAtlantic Farm Credit, and The Farmers Bank of Willards.