CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAM
The SACC Foundation received a grant from the Bank of America Foundation in the amount of $4,000.00 to conduct cashier and customer service training for low and moderate income residents of Somerset and/or Wicomico County.
The SACC Foundation partnered with Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake Career Development Center and Bank of America to provide this two-week training course to eligible participants.
Goodwill Industries conducted the skills training involved in the program which included:
- Principles of quality customer service
- Identify and help different customer types by their needs, wants and desires.
- Understand how a professional image, attitudes and habits affect customer service
- Practice the art of listening to the customer.
- Follow problem solving techniques to handle and solve problems with difficult customers
- Understand what adds value to the customer’s experience
- Understand the importance of building winning relationships or loyalty with customers, co-workers and supervisors and how it affects your career.
- Understand the operation of a cash register including cash register vocabulary, balancing and reconciling
- Accurately handle different types of money transactions, cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Understand how their skills, abilities and work experience relate to a customer service/cashiering position.
Ryan Atkin, Bank of America Branch Manager, conducted the Financial Literacy Training portion of the course. He covered 3 topics:
- Pay Yourself First
- To Your Credit
- Money Matters
Joe Giordano, Foundation Executive Director, conducted the Job Readiness portion of the course. Topics covered included:
- Work Ethics
- Planning a Job Search
- Resume Preparation
- Mock Interviews
Six students successfully completed the course and received Certificates of Graduation from Goodwill Industries and the SACC Foundation at the graduation ceremony on September 26, 2013. All of the graduates will receive job placement assistance.